4th & Mayor - App Blog
You’ll be happy to know that Foursquare’s innovation is continuing at a record pace - several days ago restaurant menus (through a partnership with SinglePlatform) was announced.
As of today, the 3.2 update of 4th & Mayor for Windows Phone is live in the marketplace. It should be available to all users in the next 8-24 hours!
Since 3.1 just came out last week, this is a minor incremental release - but it does bring a few new features!
3.2 rocks because these features - menus and QR code check-ins - are not yet in the iPhone app even - so enjoy, Windows Phone users!
Introducing restaurant menus
- On 1/18 Foursquare announced the new menu feature
- 4th & Mayor 3.2 now supports this as of 1/21 :-)
- Powered by Foursquare and Single Platform, many places now have a menu available - you’ll find it right under the mayor information when looking at a place
- Available in major US cities, over 13 million menu items at 250,00 restaurants - with more on the way!
Check-in using QR Codes
- The Check-in page now has a new “QR code” check-in option
- Simple scan the Foursquare Check-in QR Code - some businesses place these near their entrances
- An optional “automatic check-in” will immediately check you in if you opt in to that!
- Pin the “QR Check-in” experience right to Start
- Addresses some user-reported issues that were easy fixes.
- The nearby places check-in page’s “pin/unpin” app bar icon has moved into the menu to make way for the QR code check-in option
- Tweaks to the GPS and location detection per feedback
- Invalid information as a venue/place loads will no longer be shown as often
Thanks for using 4th & Mayor. Let me know if there’s anything else you’d like to see.